Ah, the fresh new year is here! A beautiful stretch of 365 days packed with opportunities for adventure, growth, friendship, laughter, joy, beauty, curiosity, personal development, and love. Sounds pretty good to me.
What I love to do at the beginning of a new year is seek out articles that inspire me, give me food for thought, prompts questions that I can journal about, give me guidance about positive self-care practices, and help me form my goals for the new year in new ways.
I don’t typically set ‘resolutions,’ or if I do, they aren’t conventional. I set goals for the year ahead, goals that encompass both specific milestones I’d like to accomplish (create a will, take a trip, etc) and personal development goals I have, based on areas I’ve identified as those that have the most meaning to me.
For me, 2015 will be about self-love, believing in myself and the opportunities I can pursue, and becoming my own biggest supporter.
What will 2015 be about for you?
To help guide you, I’ve put together a series of amazing articles – encountered in the last few days – that I’ve found really helpful. Think of it as assigned reading for starting the year off right. Pick and choose as you please, or read them all.
Happy New Year!
My Reading List for the New Year – Get Vibrant and Happy in 2015!
- To figure out a power word for 2015 – Cauldrons and Cupcakes
- To see what 2015 holds for your Astrological Sign – MindBodyGreen
- To build your love for yourself and find ways to cultivate your sense of self-worth – Live Bold and Bloom
- To improve sleep in 2015 (after all, sleep is where the magic happens!) – Help Guide
- To help you figure out your direction in life – LifeHack
- To practice better self-care in interesting and creative ways – Greatist
- To relax before bedtime and get in some yoga stretches – Fitness Magazine
- To remind yourself that you are loveable, worthy, and special just are you are now – Louise Hay
- One last awesome article/infographic on getting quality sleep, because you can’t underestimate how important sleep is – Sleepy Bliss blog
Peruse these articles and share any others below that you find helpful. I think goals and aims and resolutions are an awesome way to articulate the personal development plans we have for the year ahead. So take a moment to prioritize the kinds of growth that are important to you.
And in the end, the optimal resolution is made in kindness to yourself, with nothing but the goal of loving who you are now, and figuring out where to go to continue to be your best self. For more reading, check out my post from 2014 on resolutions, and thinking about how you want to feel.
All the best for 2015!
© Eat Well, Live Vibrantly